Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
Masterclass brings you this course by Annie Leibovitz who teaches you her philosophy: how to develop concepts, work with subjects, shoot with natural light, and bring images to life in post-production.
Masterclass Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography
The course consists of 15 video lessons (3h 4m) with a class trailer and sample of the course you can watch for free. The video lessons range from portrait photography, studio vs. location to the technical side of photography. A downloadable workbook accompanies the video classes with lesson recaps, assignment and additional resources. You will also have access to the Hub which is a social forum for you to network with other learners, where you can send your work in for critique and ask questions.
Price: $180 annual subscription (All-Access Pass) or $15 a month for the subscription
Duration: 15 video lessons (3h 4m)
- Well renowned teacher
- Engaging video content
- Focus on portrait photography
- Not very technical
- Skills and techniques are described vaguely
- At times feels more like an interview than a learning course
Other design related classes worth checking out with Masterclass:
- Jimmy Chin Teaches Adventure Photography
- Will Wright: Teaches Game Design and Theory
- Marc Jacobs: Teaches Fashion Design
28 Days of Portrait Photography
CreativeLive brings you this course by Sue Bryce that is the all-in-one portrait photography class that teaches you posing, shooting, marketing, selling and everything else you need to know to run a successful contemporary portrait photography business.
CreativeLive 28 Days of Portrait Photography
This course consists of 85 video lessons (58h 35mins) with a trailer to watch for free. The video lessons range from Year One in Business, Posing Couples to Shooting into the Backlight. All content can be accessed offline with lifetime access all which you can view with your iPhone or iPad.
Price: $29 (discounted off original price $199) or you can buy the creator pass ($39 monthly or $129 annually)
Duration: 85 video lessons (58h 35m)
- Excellent value for money
- Accompanying resources to the video classes
- Passionate and inspiring course instructor
- Commitment of time
- Video content feels a little outdated
- Some comparisons of photos isn’t clear
Other Photography classes worth checking out with CreativeLive:
- Fundamentals of Photography
- Capturing Story in Portrait Photography
- Newborn Photography Bootcamp